By Erik Martiny
- Covers a wide range of poetic cultural traditions from Britain, eire, North the USA, Japan and the Caribbea
- Summarises many genres from their earliest origins to their latest renderings
- The purely full-length serious assortment to house smooth diversifications of poetic genres
- Contributors comprise Bernard O’Donoghue, Stephen Burt, Jahan Ramazani, and lots of different striking students of poetry and poetics
Read or Download A Companion to Poetic Genre (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
As nineteenth-century realism grew to become an increasing number of intrepid in its pursuit of describing and depicting way of life, it blurred irrevocably into the caustic and critical mode of literature greater named satire. Realism's activity of portraying the human grew to become indistinguishable from satire's directive to castigate the human.
Narrating the Self examines the historic formation of recent jap literature via a basic reassessment of its such a lot attribute shape, the 'I-novel,' an autobiographical narrative concept to recount the main points of the writer's own lifestyles thinly veiled as fiction. heavily analysing quite a number texts from the past due 19th century via to the current day, the writer argues that the 'I-novel' isn't a given type of textual content that may be objectively pointed out, yet a traditionally built analyzing mode and cultural paradigm that not just regulated the construction and reception of literary texts but additionally outlined cultural identification and nationwide culture.
Jung as a author strains a courting among Jung and literature through analysing his texts utilizing the technique of literary thought. This research serves to light up the literary nature of Jung’s writing which will shed new mild on his psychology and its courting with literature as a cultural perform.
Peter Weiss' dreibändiger Roman "Die Ästhetik des Widerstands" (1975-1981) entwirft eine ästhetische Theorie, die den Auftrag zur Erinnerung an die Opfer des Faschismus zusammenbringt mit der Reflexion auf Grenzen wie Möglichkeiten künstlerischer Annäherung an das Unsagbare nationalsozialistischer Verbrechen.
- Northern Irish Poetry: The American Connection
- Changing Subjects: The Making of Feminist Literary Criticism: Volume 8 (Routledge Library Editions: Women, Feminism and Literature)
- Nadine Gordimer (Routledge Revivals)
- Present Tense: A Poetics
- Richard Ford and the Ends of Realism (New American Canon)
- Reading Landscape in American Literature: The Outside in the Fiction of Don DeLillo
Additional resources for A Companion to Poetic Genre (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Poetic Genre (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Erik Martiny