By Fawwaz Traboulsi
Read or Download A History of Modern Lebanon PDF
Best middle eastern history books
How some distance used to be the tip of the Ottoman Empire the results of nice energy imperialism and the way a long way the results of structural weaknesses in the Empire itself? those experiences of the overseas coverage of every of the nice Powers and the Ottoman Empire learn those primary issues.
Targeting Afghanistan's kin with the West in the course of the latter half the twentieth century, this learn deals new insights at the long term origins of the nation's contemporary tragedies. Roberts reveals that, because the Thirties specifically, Afghanistan pursued guidelines way more complicated, and significantly extra pro-Western, than prior reviews have surmised.
Lately, there was turning out to be curiosity in Turkey, stemming from the country’s constructing function in nearby and international politics, its increasing monetary energy, and its identification as a predominantly Muslim state with secular political associations and democratic strategies. This instruction manual offers a complete and wide-ranging profile of contemporary Turkey.
First released in 2005. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- Divided Against Zion: Anti-Zionist Opposition to the Creation of a Jewish State in Palestine, 1945-1948 (Israeli History, Politics and Society)
- Israeli Politics and the Middle East Peace Process, 1988-2002 (Durham Modern Middle East and Islamic World Series)
- Lost World of the Golden King: In Search of Ancient Afghanistan (Hellenistic Culture and Society)
- The Rebirth of the Middle East
- The Other Iraq: Pluralism and Culture in Hashemite Iraq (Cultural Memory in the Present)
- Life and Thought in the Ancient Near East
Extra info for A History of Modern Lebanon
A History of Modern Lebanon by Fawwaz Traboulsi