By Marc Van De Mieroop
- Integrates the main updated study, and encompasses a richer choice of supplementary materials
- Addresses the big variety of political, social, and cultural advancements within the historic close to East
- Updated positive factors contain new “Key Debate” bins on the finish of every bankruptcy to interact scholars with numerous views on a number severe concerns; a finished timeline of occasions; and forty six new illustrations, together with 12 colour photos
- Features a brand new bankruptcy addressing governance and continuity within the area in the course of the Persian Empire
- Offers in-depth, obtainable discussions of key texts and resources, together with the Bible and the Epic of Gilgamesh
Read or Download A History of the Ancient Near East, ca. 3000-323 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World) PDF
Similar ancient history books
The Roman Revolution is among the so much momentous classes of swap in historical past, during which an imperial yet quasidemocratic strength turned into an autocracy. This ebook reviews the best way the Roman military replaced within the final 80 years of the Republic, in order that a military of imperial conquest turned reworked right into a set of rival own armies less than the keep an eye on of the triumvirs.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2006 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, be aware: intestine, Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Die gesamte Gesellschaft und Kultur der Antike, insbesondere der Spätantike, beruhten auf der rechtlich und politisch abgesicherten establishment der Sklavenhaltung.
The Red-Haired Giants: Atlantis in North the United States tells the tale of the red-haired giants fall from grace and their eventual extermination. proof strongly helps that races of Atlantean giants lived in North the United States and have been the appearance of the smaller races of recent women and men. As millions of earthen burial mounds attest, consistent struggle opposed to each other brought on their numbers to decrease and the smaller, yet extra a number of races ultimately subjugated them.
Through the years, a few 20,000 books and articles were written approximately Alexander the nice, the overwhelming majority hailing him as in all likelihood the best common that ever lived. Richard A. Gabriel, in spite of the fact that, argues that, whereas Alexander was once truly a capable soldier-adventurer, the facts of actual greatness is not really there.
- Women and Law in Late Antiquity
- When in Rome: Social Life in Ancient Rome
- Pompey, Cato, and the Governance of the Roman Empire
- SPQR: Die tausendjährige Geschichte Roms (German Edition)
Additional info for A History of the Ancient Near East, ca. 3000-323 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World)
A History of the Ancient Near East, ca. 3000-323 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World) by Marc Van De Mieroop